Administrative and Staff Groups
GLCA brings together a variety of professionals to discuss best practices, benchmark, offer opportunities for professional development, and provide opportunities to grow resources for students, faculty, staff, and the institutions. Current convening groups include:
- Admissions Committee for Access and Diversity (ACAD)
- Admissions Deans and Directors
- Annual Fund
- Campus Visit and Event Planners
- Career Services
- Chief Financial Officers (CFO)
- Chief Information Officers (CIO)
- Committee on Institutional Commitment for Educational Equity (CICEE)
- Deans of Students
- Financial Aid Officers
- Human Resource Officers / Tuition Remission Exchange Officers Institutional Researchers
- International and Off-Campus Education Committee (IOCEC)
- International Student Advisors
- Public Information Officers
- Student Activities
Tuition Remission Exchange
The Great Lakes Colleges Association operates the GLCA Tuition Remission Exchange (GLCA-TRE) program, which allows the children of member college employees to attend any of the member colleges tuition free. The thirteen member colleges of the GLCA, along with Beloit College, Grinnell College, Willamette University, and Wittenberg University are participating members for a total of 17 institutions.
Mental Health and Wellness Resources
The GLCA hosted a Presidential Summit on Mental Health and Wellness in December 2019. Mental health and wellness are issues that touch all of us, regardless of the role we have on our campuses. Through the summit, campus teams from GLCA schools met to deepen their understanding of mental health and wellness topics through presentations by experts, work on campus action plans, and cross-team sharing of ideas and programs.
Global Liberal Arts Alliance
The Global Liberal Arts Alliance is an international partnership of 30 liberal arts institutions in 18 countries (including the thirteen members of the GLCA). The Alliance’s goal is to support excellence in liberal arts education in their historical, cultural, religious, environmental, and economic contexts through collaboration.